Alcohol Awareness Month it is and we want to conclude it by giving some more information and wishing you all to get rid of alcohol addiction!!!
However, people do drink for pleasure but things go wrong when it turns into an addiction.Be it professional or social life, everything turns down leaving no space of betterment.
Well, life may take a wrong turn but apart from that excess consumption of alcohol is a risk to the body and there are innumerable possibilities of some life threatening diseases.
One of the most influential and impactful weapons to put an end to excess drinking habit is awareness. April is considered to be the alcohol awareness month. The ultimate motive is not to stop people from drinking but to set up a limit. Alcohol Awareness Month founded and sponsored by NCADD was established in the year 1987 to help reduce the stigma associated with alcoholism so as to encourage communities to get to the American public each April with information about alcohol, alcoholism and recovery. Alcoholism is a chronic and a progressive disease, genetically predisposed and fatal if untreated. However recovery is possible and statistics prove that it is estimated that as many as 20 million individuals and family members are living lives in recovery!
Alcohol Awareness Month in April is an awareness drive that provides a focused opportunity across America to increase awareness and understanding of alcoholism, its causes, effective treatment and recovery. Alcohol Awareness Month is introduced to decrease stigma and misunderstandings so as to remove the barriers to recovery. It is seeking readily help to those who suffer from this disease.
The main agenda of awareness program is to make people realize the amount of destruction that alcohol is causing in their life. Ambulatory detoxification is another method to make people alcohol free.
Some of the messages that are spread via awareness drive for alcohol treatment are
- Excessive consumption affects the liver. One might be affected with cirrhosis of the liver and that is just next to death.
- Consuming alcohol beyond the limit is a threat to the heart.
- One may become mentally disable. A person who is a complete alcoholic tends to lose his temper at any moment. He may create unnecessary fuss as his mind won’t function properly.
- The family life may come to an end. An alcoholic may also lose his family if drinking becomes the only priority for him.
- A person may get completely abandon from the social structure. No one will like an individual who is an extreme alcoholic. People will soon start ignoring and end every social communication.
Awareness is not an only solution to stop people from drinking but it is definitely an honest approach to such issue. The alcohol drive has this challenge of transforming people and giving them a better life. An awareness program can be a great help in doing this. A public service advertisement is a fundamental vehicle for creating awareness. There can be television commercials, print ads and even roadside hoardings that read- ‘Stop drinking and save life’